Your guide to the best assortment of family walks, day hikes, overnighters, weekend trips, and backpacking adventures that Yosemite National Park has to offer!
100 Hikes in Yosemite National Park includes Yosemite Valley (Half Dome, Yosemite Falls, El Capitan), Tuolumne Meadows (great for peak bagging), Hetch Hechy Reservoir (excellent, less trafficked trails above the reservoir and along the Tuolumne River), Wawona (see the giant Sequioas), and Glacier Point area (more opportunity for solitude yet less than an hour outside the valley).
- 90% of the trails presented are easily accessible by car
- Tips for avoiding peak foot traffic times on most trails
- More than 100 color photos--a wonderful keepsake from your trip
- Trail guide index indicates ideal wildflower excursions, top family outings, birdwatching trails, and more
- Bonus hikes in the surrounding Hoover and Ansel Adams Wilderness areas, plus Mammoth Lakes and Sonora Pass--great for avoiding crowds in the summer.